Skin laser treatment is the treatment that uses a pulsating beam of lights in the skin to improve appearance of skin, reduce wrinkles, fine lines and enlarged pores and severe acne scars. This treatment is even effective to clear black spots. It is a quick working treatment that shows effect soon with better results.
How is it done?
A beam of light is focused on the targeted skin area by the well-trained and licensed person to remove the particles of pigment from the skin. Short and concentrated pulsating beams of light are directed to the irregular skin which then removes the skin layer by layer precisely. You have to go through 4-6 sessions to remove the dark spot completely, depending upon the size the spot as well as body part.
Benefits of skin laser treatment?
- Reduction of wrinkles, fine lines
- Removal of unwanted tattoos
- Removal of birth marks, acne scars and blemishes
- Removal of unwanted hair
- Skin tightening
- Better skin tone and texture
- Restore skin’s ability to heal
- Quick and better results with minimal side effects
- Stimulates blood vessels to constrict and function well for anti-wrinkle skin
- Long lasting results
What happens in skin laser treatment?
Laser beam destroys the epidermis i.e. outer layer of skin and heats the dermis i.e. underlying skin which stimulates the collagen production over time, resulting in better skin tone and texture.
How often can you do skin laser treatment?
Depending upon the dermatologist’s recommendations, skin type and other factors, skin needs about 4-6 sessions. The next session can be done in about 4 weeks to recover and be ready for the next session.
Is it painful?
Laser beam might be irritating during the treatment but it is less painful. At first, it is somewhat painful but once skin becomes used to the pain, you don’t feel the pain anymore. After the session, skin might feel itchy and there might occur swelling and redness in the treated area.
How long does it last?
Once you complete all sessions of the skin laser treatment, the smooth skin lasts for 3-5 years. But you can maintain the treatment by repeating the treatment often for touch up or supplementary skin treatment.
Is it bad for the face?
If you are doing the skin laser treatment from properly trained and licensed person, it is not bad. But if the light beams are misused in sensitive areas, it can cause severe burns and it is harmful. Changes in skin’s pigmentation might occur with other injuries from the laser’s heat.
How to take care of skin after skin laser treatment?
Skin needs special care after the treatment. So for the better results, you have to take care of skin more cautiously. Some of the ways are:
- Clean treated area regularly.
- Use right sunscreen
- Reduce swelling and redness
- Moisturize the treated skin
- Avoid picking the treated area
Side effects of skin laser treatment
- Redness of skin
- Swelling of the treated part/skin
- Changes in skin color
Precautions to be taken during the skin laser treatment
- Consult with dermatologist/properly trained person about the treatment.
- Get the treatment from trained and licensed person.
- Avoid exposure of skin to direct sunlight right after the treatment.
- Take good care of the treated skin for better results.
- Some side effects might be seen after the treatment, don’t worry and consult with your dermatologist.
Is this treatment permanent?
Though this treatment has long lasting results, it is not permanent. With the changes in the skin, the wrinkles and fine lines may re-appear again. So, you can consult with dermatologist and can continue your treatment when it is necessary.
Cost of skin Laser Treatment in Nepal
Based on the type of laser treatment you want, the price for the treatment varies. The cost for skin laser treatment starts from Rs.4000 per session.